- Home > Archive: December, 2014
Online dating can be very tough. With thousands of profiles speckled across a bunch of different boards, you’ve got to stand out to be successful. There is a lot one has to keep in mind while dating online and about how to make the right profile.
Before you dive into our online dating website reviews, here are a few tips that might help you find the right person in no time.
“If you write something like ‘I’m really funny,’ the person going through your profile will have no reason to believe you unless you a crack a few jokes somewhere”. Talk about the time you jumped on a plane to India and a bit of your experience.
3. Do not make your profile look like an autobiography. While things like your hometown and college are surely important, you may want to save all of the tenacious details for the first date. You just have only one page to make an imprint. That factual information may not be as appropriate to whether they fit into what you do on weekends, or what you are doing in life currently.
4. Skip the selfies. Online dating can be different for everyone but this is one specific rule is one I really encourage you to follow. For men, I say NO selfies. Women can get away with one as long as it’s not one of those horrible duck faces that seem to be very trendy nowadays.
5. Match your pictures to your interests. If you’re an athlete, put up a picture of yourself while training or crossing the finish line. If you like art or like to visit museums, use a photo of you next to a painting you admire the most. Show your life through pictures so that others can have a glimpse of your life.
6. Make sure you smile in your pictures. If you smile in your profile picture you will come off to be an open and approachable person which is exactly what you want. You want more and more people to approach you so that it is easier for you to find your ideal match. That smile will make people want to talk to you as you will seem welcoming. A smile can also look very attractive.